Best Songs about Female Empowerment/Top Girl Power Anthems

Attention!!!

Happy Women's Day. This year the theme for the International Women's Day is "Be Bold For Change". Surprise, surprise, we have songs about female empowerment and here I have compiled a list of the top girl power anthems which address themes such as female empowerment, equality, independence of women etc. In terms of genre we have mostly Pop, Hip-Hop and R&B. Beyonce aka Queen Bey leads the fray with her Run The World (Girls) and she also has two other entries on the list along with two more entries as part of Destiny's Child. Aretha Franklin's classic hit Respect is at No.2 with Destiny's Child's global smash Independent Women Part 1 at No.3. So without much further ado, here are the 28 top girl power anthems of all time. 
  1. Beyonce – Run the world (girls)
  2. Aretha Franklin – Respect 
  3. Destiny’s Child – Independent women part 1
  4. Little Mix – Salute
  5. Lily Allen – Hard out here
  6. Madonna – Express yourself
  7. Gloria Gaynor – I will survive
  8. Fifth Harmony – That;s my girl 
  9. Pussycat Dolls – I don’t need a man
  10. Rihanna – Only girl (in the world)
  11. Girls Aloud – Something new
  12. Cher – Woman’s world
  13. Pink – So what
  14. Fifth Harmony – Bo$$
  15. Demi Lovato – Confident
  16. Daya – Sit still, look pretty 
  17. Ciara – Goodies
  18. Kelly Clarkson – Stronger (what doesn’t kill you)
  19. Beyonce – Single ladies (put a ring on it)
  20. Katy Perry – Roar
  21. Destiny’s Child – Survivor
  22. The Band Perry – Done.
  23. Beyonce – Irreplaceable
  24. Idina Menzel – Let it go
  25. Charli XCX – Body of my own
  26. Shania Twain – Man! I feel like a woman
  27. Katy Perry – Part of me 
  28. Meghan Trainor – No
Till the next beat...

At Ease!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ultimate Quarantine Playlist

It has indeed been sometime since I took some time off to create a playlist. This time, I had a lot of time on my hands, considering I had 1...