Best of Modern Mainstream Christian/Gospel Songs

Attention!!!

As we come to the end of the season of Lent and approach Easter Sunday let's not forget that it is the most important day for Christianity. On Good Friday we commemorate how our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ died on the cross for our sins. Moreover, let's not forget that God sent his only Son to show us our salvation. And on the third day he rose again from the dead and now sits on the right hand of the Father. So this Easter let's make it a point to thank God for all that he has bestowed on us. What better way to praise him than singing songs to praise His name. This list is not about the hymns or songs of praise and worship but those songs by famous artists which entered the mainstream recently.

Creed's With Arms Wide Open takes the top spot followed by Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey's duet When You Believe from the original soundtrack of The Prince of Egypt. In terms of genre it is mostly Rock, Pop, Country and a few R&B hits. Creed and MercyMe have the most number of entries with 4 each followed by Casting Crowns and TobyMac with 3 entries each and Third Day, Carrie Underwood, Whitney Houston, Jeremy Camp, Matthew West and Flyleaf with 2 entries each. So here are the 50 best mainstream Christian songs of today:
  1. Creed – With arms wide open
  2. Whitney Houston & Mariah Carey – When you believe (The Prince of Egypt OST)
  3. Eternal ft. BeBe Winans – I wanna be the only one
  4. The Calling – Wherever you will go
  5. Mary Mary – Shackles (praise you)
  6. Rufus Wainwright – Hallelujah (Original by Leonard Cohen)
  7. Creed – My sacrifice
  8. Carrie Underwood – Something in the water
  9. Celine Dion & Andrea Bocelli – The prayer
  10. MercyMe – I can only imagine
  11. Third Day – Cry out to Jesus
  12. Joan Osbourne – One of us
  13. Josh Groban – You raise me up (Original by Secret Garden)
  14. Creed – Higher
  15. Hillsong United – Oceans (where feet may fail)
  16. Whitney Houston ft. CeCe Winans – Count on me
  17. MercyMe – Word of God speak
  18. Third Day – Call my name
  19. Carrie Underwood – Jesus take the wheel
  20. Casting Crowns – Until the whole world hears
  21. Chris Tomlin – How great is our God
  22. TobyMac – City on our knees
  23. Brenden Heath – Give me your eyes
  24. Matthew West – The motions
  25. Boyzone – Isn’t it a wonder
  26. Mandisa – Overcomer
  27. Creed – One last breath
  28. Leigh Nash with Dan Haseltine – With every breath
  29. Jeremy Camp – Take you back  
  30. Chris Tomlin – Whom shall I fear (God of angel armies)
  31. Shania Twain – God bless the child
  32. Flyleaf – Again
  33. Boyz II Men – I will get there
  34. Casting Crowns – East to west
  35. Yolanda Adams – Open my heart
  36. TobyMac – Made to love
  37. Matthew West – Hello, my name is
  38. Sixpence None the Richer – Breathe your name
  39. MercyMe – All of creation
  40. Casting Crowns – Voice of truth
  41. Aaron Schust – My savior my God
  42. Hilary Duff – Jericho
  43. Flyleaf – All around me
  44. Jeremy Camp – There will be a day
  45. Chris Tomlin – Made to worship  
  46. MercyMe – Here with me
  47. TobyMac – Me without you
  48. Casting Crowns – Lifesong
  49. Matt Redman – 10,000 reasons (Bless the Lord)
  50. Tenth Avenue North – By your side 
Till the next chord...

At Ease!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ultimate Quarantine Playlist

It has indeed been sometime since I took some time off to create a playlist. This time, I had a lot of time on my hands, considering I had 1...