Best Songs About Being There For Someone

Attention!!!

One type of feel good music consists of those songs which are about being there for someone.  If one quotes Carole King directly from her song You've Got A Friend, it shows that these songs are typically useful when a person is down or in trouble to indicate that a friend will always be there. Therefore, these songs can also be dedicated via radio stations as well as television channels and also when a friend is down in the dumps these songs can be played. 

The Pretenders' I'll Stand By You takes the top spot in this compilation as it is clearly the most played song in these occasions as well as covered by several artists throughout the years with most of the versions (Rod Stewart, Girls Aloud) topping the charts. At second place is Ben E. King's Stand By Me which is everyone's go-to feel good song about friends. At No.3 we have the cliched Jackson 5's I'll Be There which all significant others resort to when their respective boyfriends or girlfriends are depressed. We have four entries with the title I'll Be There For You and three entries with Stand By You. While it is a mishmash of artists and eras in terms of genre it is only Pop with just one Rock and one R&B entry. So here are the top 30 songs about being there for someone: 
  1. The Pretenders – I’ll stand by you
  2. Ben E.King – Stand by me
  3. Jackson 5 – I’ll be there
  4. Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell – Ain’t no mountain high enough
  5. The Rembrandts – I’ll be there for you
  6. Rachel Platten – Stand by you
  7. Bill Withers – Lean on me
  8. Celine Dion – Because you loved me
  9. Carole King – You’ve got a friend
  10. S Club 7 – Reach
  11. Rihanna ft. Jay-Z – Umbrella
  12. Michael Jackson – You are not alone
  13. Jess Glynne – Hold my hand
  14. Hanson – I will come to you
  15. Avril Lavigne – I’m with you
  16. Phil Collins – You’ll be in my heart
  17. Bruno Mars – Count on me
  18. Bon Jovi – I’ll be there for you
  19. Charlie Puth – One call away
  20. Sade – By your side
  21. The Corrs – At your side
  22. Olive – You’re not alone
  23. Whitney Houston & CeCe Winans – Count on me
  24. The Moffats – I’ll be there for you
  25. Kat Deluna – Be there
  26. MLTR – I’m gonna be around
  27. Marlisa – Stand by you
  28. S Club 7 – Stand by you
  29. Tinchy Stryder – You’re not alone
  30. Solid HarmoniE – I’ll be there for you 
Till the next beat...

At Ease!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ultimate Quarantine Playlist

It has indeed been sometime since I took some time off to create a playlist. This time, I had a lot of time on my hands, considering I had 1...