Xposition - February 2014


Attention!!!

It has been a very mediocre month for music. With only a little activity on the charts and very little happening in the music scene. The 67th British Academy Film Awards aka BAFTA was held on 16th February. Best Original Music and Best Sound were both won by Gravity. 

In the US Pitbull ft. Ke$ha's Timber ruled for one week before being toppled by Katy Perry ft. Juicy J's Dark Horse which remained at the top for the rest of the month. Lorde's Team entered the top 10 and so did Bastille's Pompeii. Beyonce ft. Jay-Z's Drunk In Love peaked at No.2 and Jason Derulo ft. 2 Chainz's Talk Dirty too peaked at No.3. Pharrell Williams' Happy is steadily climbing the charts which may prove to be the only contender to topple Katy Perry off her horse. 

In the UK Clean Bandit ft. Jess Glynne's addictive Rather Be held on to numero uno which they grabbed at the end of January. However, in the last week of February Sam Smith's Money On My Mind won the top spot. Sam Smith has had a great year with his collaboration with Naughty Boy on La, La, La and also winning the BRIT Awards Critics' Choice and BBC's Sound of 2014. Will.I.Am ft. Miley Cyrus, Wiz Khalifa and French Montana's Feelin' Myself and Zedd ft. Hayley Willaims' Stay the Night both peaked at No.2 during the month. Katy Perry's Dark Horse failed to grab the top spot and also surprisingly David Guetta ft. Skylar Grey's Shot Me Down. 

Other good songs that came out during the month are:
  1. OneRepublic ft. Alesso - If I lose myself
  2. DJ Fresh and Jay Fay ft. Ms.Dynamite - Dibby Dibby Sound
  3. American Author - Best Day of My Life
  4. Lily Allen - L8 CMMR
  5. John Legend - All of me
Til the next beat…

At Ease!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ultimate Quarantine Playlist

It has indeed been sometime since I took some time off to create a playlist. This time, I had a lot of time on my hands, considering I had 1...