Best Love Songs of 2017

Attention!!!

While 2016 was a disappointment in the outpour of love songs, the same cannot be said about 2017. Since 2017 belonged to Ed Sheeran, it should not come as a major surprise that it his duet version of Perfect with Beyonce is what takes the crown on this compilation. His global mega hit Shape of You also appears on the list, although not among the top ranks. At a close second is Lana Del Rey's mesmerizing hit, Love, followed by Brett Young's country hit In Case You Didn't Know. 

In terms of genre we see mostly Pop songs with the likes of veteran crooners such as John Mayer and Michael Buble also making appearances. Rita Ora's comeback is also featured with both her hits Your Song and Anywhere within the top 10. Lana Del Rey has another entry, her other being Lust For Life, a collaboration with The Weeknd, the latter having his hit I Feel It Coming also on the list. G-Eazy and Halsey appear with their Him & I, a sappiness oozing duet between the lovestruck duo. New artists such as Julia Michaels, Lauv and Starley also have entries on the list alongside former One Direction members Zayn, Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson and former Fifth Harmony member Camila Cabello. So hope you enjoy the top 30 love songs of 2017:

  1. Ed Sheeran & Beyonce – Perfect
  2. Lana Del Rey – Love
  3. Brett Young – In case you didn’t know
  4. Rita Ora – Your song
  5. John Mayer – Love on the weekend
  6. Rita Ora – Anywhere
  7. Michael Bublé – I believe in you
  8. Clean Bandit ft. Zara Larsson – Symphony
  9. Louis Tomlinson ft. Bebe Rexha & Digital Farm Animals – Back to you
  10. Julia Michaels – Issues
  11. Daniel Caesar ft. H.E.R. – Best part
  12. Ed Sheeran – Shape of you
  13. Zayn ft. Sia – Dusk till dawn
  14. Starley – Call on me
  15. G-Eazy & Halsey – Him & I
  16. Echosmith – Get into my car
  17. Lauv – I like me better
  18. HAIM – Want you back
  19. Dua Lipa ft. Miguel – Lost in your light
  20. Lana Del Rey ft. The Weeknd – Lust for life
  21. Harry Styles – Sweet creature
  22. Camila Cabello – Never be the same
  23. Taylor Swift – Call it what you want
  24. Miley Cyrus – Malibu
  25. DJ Snake & Lauv – A different way
  26. Demi Lovato – Tell me you love me
  27. The Weeknd ft. Daft Punk – I feel it coming
  28. Kendrick Lamar ft. Zacari – Love
  29. Lady Gaga – The cure
  30. Selena Gomez & Marshmello – Wolves 
Till the next sonnet...

At Ease!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ultimate Quarantine Playlist

It has indeed been sometime since I took some time off to create a playlist. This time, I had a lot of time on my hands, considering I had 1...