My Favorite Hits of 2015

Attention!!!

It was an awesome year for music, particularly for my taste as we had a mishmash of EDM, Rock, Pop, Hip-Hop and R&B. Once again the top three greatest hits of the year - Uptown Funk, See You Again and Hello do not make this list. Of course although my taste is mostly mainstreamish, it is quite evident that my preferences are different than the charts. DNCE's Cake By The Ocean is definitely my most favorite from last year although it is only climbing up the charts now. It is my ringtone as well as the most played song on my iPod. This list is quite easy to compile as it is only a matter of checking the number of plays on my iPod and which songs from 2015 have the most. At second place is Major Lazer's Lean On which is my second favorite with its quirky dance and it was also the most heard/played/streamed song worldwide last year. 

Major Lazer has the most number of entries with three followed by David Guetta, Zedd, Calvin Harris, Sheppard, Chris Brown and Justin Bieber each with two entries. EDM and Pop rule this list with a few entries from Rock, Trap, Rap, R&B, Hip-Hop, Latin Pop and even Country. We have so many debut hits on this list by artists such as DNCE, Jess Glynne, Years & Years, Sheppard, Alessia Cara, Fetty Wap and X Ambassadors. So without further ado here are my top 50 favorite hits of 2015:    
  1. DNCE – Cake by the ocean
  2. Major Lazer & DJ Snake ft. MØ – Lean on
  3. David Guetta ft. Nicki Minaj, Bebe Rexha & Afrojack – Hey mama
  4. The Weeknd – Can’t feel my face
  5. Ruelle – Up in flames
  6. Justin Bieber – Sorry
  7. Lana Del Rey – High by the beach
  8. Olly Murs ft. Demi Lovato – Up
  9. Calvin Harris ft. HAIM – Pray to God
  10. Omarion ft. Chris Brown & Jheine Aiko – Post to be
  11. Major Lazer ft. Ellie Goulding & Tarrus Riley – Powerful
  12. Sheppard – Geronimo
  13. AronChupa – I’m an Albatraoz
  14. Charlotte Lawrence – Ever after
  15. Jess Glynne – Hold my hand
  16. Zedd ft. Jon Bellion – Beautiful now
  17. Selena Gomez – Same old love  
  18. Years and Years – King
  19. Dev – Parade
  20. Kygo ft. Conrad Sewell – Firestone
  21. Little Mix – Black magic
  22. Fall Out Boy – Immortals
  23. Taylor Swift – Style
  24. Lost Frequencies – Are you with me
  25. Alessia Cara – Here
  26. Alexandra Stan & Inna ft. Daddy Yankee – We wanna
  27. Calvin Harris & Disciples – How deep is your love
  28. KDA ft. Tinie Tempah & Katy B – Turn the music louder (rumble)
  29. Krept & Konan ft. Jeremih – Freak of the week
  30. Prince Royce ft. Jennifer Lopez & Pitbull – Back it up
  31. Martin Garrix ft. Usher – Don’t look down
  32. Deorro & Chris Brown – Five more hours
  33. David Guetta ft. Fetty Wap & Sia – Bang my head
  34. Little Big Town – Girl crush
  35. Pitbull ft. Wisin & Mohombi – Baddest girl in town
  36. R. City ft. Adam Levine – Locked away
  37. X Ambassadors – Renegades
  38. Fetty Wap – Trap queen
  39. Zedd ft. Selena Gomez – I want you to know
  40. Sheppard – Let me down easy
  41. One Direction – Night changes
  42. Nicky Jam & Enrique Iglesias – El perdon
  43. Sam Hunt – House party
  44. Justin Bieber – Love yourself
  45. Fifth Harmony – I’m in love with a monster
  46. Nick Jonas – Jealous
  47. Charlie Puth ft. Meghan Trainor – Marvin Gaye
  48. Rihanna – Bitch better have my money
  49. Major Lazer ft. Elliphant & Jovi Rockwell – Too Original
  50. Flo Rida ft. Robin Thicke & Verdine White – I don’t like it, I love it 
Till the next beat...

At Ease!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ultimate Quarantine Playlist

It has indeed been sometime since I took some time off to create a playlist. This time, I had a lot of time on my hands, considering I had 1...