Top 20 Songs About Being Young

Attention!!!

We may be growing old but all of us want to be young at heart. Maturity is a pretty subjective characteristic, as the most mature person can end up doing the most juvenile thing. There are songs about being young and the experiences one goes through when you were a kid. I have excluded those songs which reminisce the thought of how it felt to be young, because those are downright depressing. We have Fun. ft. Janelle Monae's We Are Young at the helm which although I am not crazy about actually sums up how the lives of today's youth are led. This is followed by the anthem, Young, Wild & Free by Snoop Dogg & Wiz Khalifa ft. Bruno Mars. 

These songs are more or less based in pop with several rock and R&B songs and two indie and one EDM. Kesha is the only artist with two entries. I placed Jay-Z ft. Mr.Hudson's Forever Young which is a sampled version of Alphaville's original of the same name on higher position as I believed Jay-Z's rap verses are more relevant to our times. Songs like I'm Just A Kid, Cool Kids and Teenagers are more about what you go through when you are young. So here are the best songs about being young:
  1. Fun. ft. Janelle Monae – We are young
  2. Snoop Dogg & Wiz Khalifa ft. Bruno Mars – Young, wild & free
  3. Kesha – Die young
  4. The Corrs – So young
  5. Jay-Z ft. Mr.Hudson – Forever young
  6. Tulisa Contostavlos – Young
  7. Avril Lavigne – Here’s to never growing up
  8. Rod Stewart – Forever young
  9. Hardwell ft. Chris Jones – Young again
  10. Simple Plan – I’m just a kid
  11. Kesha ft. will.i.am – Crazy kids
  12. Wheatus – Teenage dirtbag
  13. My Chemical Romance – Teenagers
  14. Echosmith – Cool kids
  15. One Direction – Live while we’re young
  16. Bob Dylan – Forever young
  17. Katy Perry – Teenage dream
  18. MGMT – Kids
  19. The Undertones – Teenage kicks
  20. Alphaville – Forever young 
Till the next beat...

At Ease!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ultimate Quarantine Playlist

It has indeed been sometime since I took some time off to create a playlist. This time, I had a lot of time on my hands, considering I had 1...