My Favorite Hits of 2014


Attention!!!

Last year was in fact quite depressing when it came to those songs that became mainstream hits. Although I have a penchant for mainstream hits, the songs that became popular in 2014 were mainly pop, which quite mediocre according to my taste. Of course I was addicted to the top ten hits on this list and the 25 most played songs playlist on my iPod is a witness to this. The biggest hits of 2014 which are Happy by Pharrell Williams and All About That Bass by Meghan Trainor are not on this list, as I actually find these two hits extremely overrated and annoying. Most of the overrated hits last year such as Iggy Azalea's Fancy, Sam Smith's Stay With Me, John Legend's All Of Me and Ed Sheeran's Thinking Out Loud are also not on this list. There were some meaningful songs like Prayer in C, Cool Kids, Someday and Ghost. Some artists have two entries on the list such as Pitbull, Enrique Iglesias, Iggy Azalea, Tinie Tempah, David Guetta, Sam Martin, Hardwell, Imagine Dragons and Taylor Swift. So here are my favorite hits of 2014:
  1. Lilly Wood and the Prick – Prayer in C (Robin Schulz Remix)
  2. will.i.am ft. Miley Cyrus, French Montana & Wiz Khalifa – Feelin’ myself
  3. Tinie Tempah ft. Ella Eyre – Someday (A place in the sun)
  4. Echosmith – Cool kids
  5. Iggy Azalea ft. Rita Ora – Black widow
  6. Enrique Iglesias ft. Gente de Zona & Descemer Bueno – Bailando
  7. Troye Sivan – Happy little pill
  8. Magic! – Rude
  9. DVBBS & Borgeous ft. Tinie Tempah – Tsunami (Jump)
  10. Fall Out Boy – Centuries
  11. David Guetta ft. Sam Martin – Lovers on the sun
  12. Pitbull ft. John Ryan – Fireball
  13. Hardwell & Joey Dale ft. Luciana – Arcadia
  14. Linkin Park – The final masquerade
  15. Taylor Swift – Blank space
  16. Wisin ft. Ricky Martin & Jennifer Lopez – Adrenalina
  17. Imagine Dragons – Warriors
  18. Enrique Iglesias ft. Pitbull – I’m a freak
  19. Maroon 5 – Animals
  20. Calvin Harris – Summer
  21. Jason Derulo ft. Snoop Dogg – Wiggle
  22. Ariana Grande ft. Iggy Azalea – Problem
  23. The Script – Superheroes
  24. Lady Antebellum – Bartender
  25. Rixton – Me and my broken heart
  26. American Authors – Best day of my life
  27. Coldplay – A sky full of stars
  28. Cheryl Cole ft. Tinie Tempah – Crazy stupid love
  29. Ella Henderson – Ghost
  30. Tiesto – Red lights
  31. Ellie Goulding – Beating heart
  32. Calvin Harris ft. John Newman – Blame
  33. Ed Sheeran – Don’t
  34. George Ezra – Budapest
  35. Taylor Swift – Shake it off
  36. Calvin Harris ft. Ellie Goulding – Outside
  37. Imagine Dragons – I bet my life
  38. Nicki Minaj – Anaconda
  39. The Chainsmokers – #SELFIE 
  40. Shakira – Dare (la, la, la)
  41. Martin Garrix & Jay Hardway – Wizard
  42. Hardwell ft. Matthew Koma – Dare you
  43. OneRepublic – Love runs out
  44. Clean Bandit ft. Jess Glynne – Rather be
  45. DJ Snake & Lil Jon – Turn down for what
  46. Tiesto ft. Matthew Koma – Wasted
  47. MKTO – Classic
  48. Zedd ft. Matthew Koma & Miriam Bryant – Find you
  49. Lana Del Rey – West coast
  50. David Guetta ft. Sam Martin – Dangerous
Till the next beat…

At Ease!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ultimate Quarantine Playlist

It has indeed been sometime since I took some time off to create a playlist. This time, I had a lot of time on my hands, considering I had 1...