Best Movie Songs of All Time

Attention!!!

Almost everyone loves watching movies, but there a lot of factors come into play for a movie to be a good one. Casting, acting, directing and more importantly for us music freaks a good soundtrack play an important role in making a good movie a great one. However, not all great films have great soundtracks, but some do, and these are more or less love stories or at least extremely inspirational ones.  Bryan Adams takes the crown for his Everything I Do in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, since it broke records in the United Kingdom when it was initially released and was number one in almost all the countries it charted, not to mention that it is one of the best selling singles and Bryan Adams' biggest hit of all time. At close second is Whitney Houston's cover of Dolly Parton's I Will Always Love You for the film The Bodyguard. It was a hard choice as to who should take the crown but Bryan Adams takes the peak since his song is original. Surprisingly, Kevin Costner stars in both these films. 

The Bee Gees have three entries in the top 30 itself for their three hits in Saturday Night Fever. Grease and Pretty Woman have two entries each as movies. Barbra Streisand, Bryan Adams, Olivia Newton John and Madonna have 3 entries each with Lionel Richie, Celine Dion, Irene Cara, Prince, Will Smith and John Travolta each having 2 entries. The film series with the highest number of entries in the chart is the James Bond series with 9 entries. Therefore, these are the best movie songs of all time based on chart performance and the accolades received worldwide. 
  1. Bryan Adams – Everything I do (Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves)
  2. Whitney Houston – I will always love you (The Bodyguard)
  3. Debbie Boone – You light up my life (You Light Up My Life)
  4. Celine Dion – My heart will go on (Titanic)
  5. Bee Gees – How deep is your love (Saturday Night Fever)
  6. Olivia Newton John & John Travolta – You’re the one that I want (Grease)
  7. Duran Duran – A view to a kill (A View to a Kill)
  8. Judy Garland – Over the rainbow (The Wizard of Oz)
  9. Survivor – Eye of the tiger (Rocky III)
  10. Wet Wet Wet – Love is all around (Four Weddings and a Funeral)
  11. Bee Gees – Night fever (Saturday Night Fever)
  12. Aerosmith – I don’t wanna miss a thing (Armageddon)
  13. Irene Cara – Flashdance…what a feeling (Flashdance)
  14. Boys II Men – End of the road (Boomerang)
  15. Coolio ft. L.V. – Gangsta’s Paradise (Dangerous Minds)
  16. Berlin – Take my breath away (Top Gun)
  17. Lionel Richie & Diana Ross – Endless love (Endless Love)
  18. Destiny’s Child – Independent women part 1 (Charlie’s Angels)
  19. Celine Dion – Because you loved me (Up Close & Personal)
  20. UB40 – Can’t help falling in love (Silver)
  21. Seal – Kiss from a rose (Batman Forever)
  22. Blondie – Call me (American Gigolo)
  23. Adele – Skyfall (Skyfall)
  24. Prince – When doves cry (Purple Rain)
  25. Lionel Richie – Say you say me (White Nights)
  26. B.J. Thomas – Raindrops keep falling on my head (Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid)
  27. The Verve – Bitter sweet symphony (Cruel Intentions)
  28. ABBA – Dancing queen (Muriel’s Wedding)
  29. Bee Gees – Stayin’ alive (Saturday Night Fever)
  30. Barbra Streisand – The way we were (The Way We Were)
  31. R.Kelly – I believe I can fly (Space Jam)
  32. Eminem – Lose yourself (8 Mile)
  33. Barbra Streisand – Evergreen (A Star is Born)
  34. Roxette – It must have been love (Pretty Woman)
  35. Lulu – To sir with love (To Sir With Love)
  36. Christopher Cross – Arthur’s theme (best thing you can do) (Arthur)
  37. Kenny Loggins – Footloose (Footloose)
  38. Madonna – Crazy for you (Vision Quest)
  39. Huey Lewis & The News – The power of love (Back to the Future)
  40. Starship – Nothing’s gonna stop us (Mannequin)
  41. Phil Collins – Against all odds (Against All Odds)
  42. Stevie Wonder – I just called to say I love you (The Woman in Red)
  43. Los Lobos – La bamba (La Bamba)
  44. Olivia Newton John – Magic (Xanadu)
  45. Ray Parker Jr. – Ghostbusters (Ghostbusters)
  46. Jon Bon Jovi – Blaze of glory (Young Guns II)
  47. En Vogue – Don’t let go (love) (Set It Off)
  48. Dolly Parton – 9 to 5 (9 to 5)
  49. Joe Cocker & Jennifer Warnes – Up where we belong (An Officer and a Gentleman)
  50. Evanescence – Bring me to life (Dare Devil)
  51. Bryan Adams, Rod Stewart & Sting – All for love (The Three Musketeers)
  52. Carly Simon – Nobody does it better (The Spy Who Loved Me)
  53. Prince – Kiss (Under the Cherry Moon)
  54. Paul McCartney & Wings – Live and let die (Live and Let Die)
  55. Colour Me Badd – I wanna sex you up (New Jack City)
  56. Olivia Newton John & John Travolta – Summer nights (Grease)
  57. Isaac Hayes – Shaft (Shaft)
  58. Percy Faith – Theme from A Summer Place (A Summer Place)
  59. Peter Cetera – Glory of love (The Karate Kid)
  60. Bruce Springsteen – Streets of Philadelphia (Philadelphia)
  61. Simple Mind – Don’t you (forget about me) (The Breakfast Club)
  62. Beyonce ft. Slim Thug – Check on it (The Pink Panther)
  63. Sarah McLachlan – Angel (City of Angels)
  64. Will Smith – Men in black (Men In Black)
  65. The Cardigans – Lovefool (Romeo & Juliet)
  66. Linkin Park – New divide (Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen)
  67. All Saints – Pure shores (The Beach)
  68. Bette Midler – Wing beneath my wings (Beaches)
  69. Chad Kroeger ft. Josey Scott – Hero (Spiderman)
  70. Will Smith – Wild Wild West (Wild Wild West)
  71. Lisa Loeb & Nine Stories – Stay (I missed you) (Reality Bites)
  72. Righteous Brothers – Unchained melody (Ghost)
  73. Simon & Garfunkel – Mrs. Robinson (The Graduate)
  74. Madonna – Die another day (Die Another Day)
  75. Michael Jackson – Will you be there (Free Willy)
  76. Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes – (I’ve had) The time of my life (Dirty Dancing)
  77. Michael Andrews ft. Gary Jules – Mad world (Donnie Darko)
  78. Roy Orbison – Pretty woman (Pretty Woman)
  79. Irene Cara – Fame (Fame)
  80. Shirley Basset – Goldfinger (Goldfinger)
  81. U2 – Hold me thrill me kiss me kill me (Batman Forever)
  82. Christina Perri – A thousand years (Twilight: Breaking Dawn – Part 1)
  83. Limp Bizkit – Behind blue eyes (Gothica)
  84. Don Omar ft. Lucenzo – Danza Kuduro (Fast Five)
  85. Smash Mouth – All star (Rat Race)
  86. Ewan McGregor & Nicole Kidman – Come what may (Moulin Rouge!)
  87. Enya – May it be (The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring)
  88. Kelly Clarkson – Breakaway (The Princess Diaries 2: A Royal Engagement)
  89. Barbra Streisand & Bryan Adams – I finally found someone (The Mirror Has Two Faces)
  90. Sheena Easton – For your eyes only (For Your Eyes Only)
  91. Sixpence None the Richer – Kiss me (She’s All That)
  92. Madonna – Don’t cry for me Argentina (Evita)
  93. Pussycat Dolls – Sway (Shall We Dance?)
  94. Garbage – The world is not enough (The World is not Enough)
  95. Hilary Duff – Come clean (A Cinderella Story)
  96. Diana King – I say a little prayer (My Best Friend’s Wedding)
  97. Gloria Estefan – Heaven’s what I feel (Dance With Me)
  98. Sophie B. Hawkins – As I lay me down (Now and Then)
  99. Sheryl Crow – Tomorrow never dies (Tomorrow Never Dies)
  100. Savage Garden – The Animal Song (The Other Sister)
Till the next beat...

At ease!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ultimate Quarantine Playlist

It has indeed been sometime since I took some time off to create a playlist. This time, I had a lot of time on my hands, considering I had 1...