Best Sampled Music of All Time


Attention!!!

Sometimes you may listen to a song which reminds you of another song. Although there may not be any relation between the two, sometimes there may be one as the later song may have borrowed, ripped off or stolen either the beat, lyric or part of the earlier song. This is called sampling which has become increasingly popular among the contemporary artists and bands. Even though some sampled songs may be as horrible as Jason Derulo ruining the Banana Boat Song with his Don't Wanna Go Home, some like Jennifer Lopez have excelled in sampling Lambada to On The Floor and surpassed the success of the earlier song and at times is better than the earlier song like Far East Movement's Like a G6 which sampled Dev's Booty Bounce. It appears Flo Rida, Pitbull and Black Eyed Peas are the biggest perpetrators of sampling. However, Jason Derulo takes the crown as the biggest thief who apparently cannot come up with any original music on his own. Moreover, there are those songs which are sampled from an already sampled song like Pitbull's I know you want me which samples Nicola Fasano's 75 Brazil Street which in turn sample Chicago's Street Player. While taste is subjective, and people may differ in their opinions as to whether the sampling is good this is the list that I compiled based on my opinion and research on how good the sampled songs are. So get prepared to be disgusted, horrified or impressed. 
  1. Kaoma – Lambada  ~ Jennifer Lopez ft. Pitbull – On the floor
  2. Bryan Pringle – Take a dive ~ Black Eyed Peas – I gotta feeling  
  3. Dido – Thank you ~ Eminem ft. Dido – Stan
  4. Jerry Rivera – Amores como el nuestro ~ Shakira ft. Wyclef Jean – Hips don’t lie
  5. Etta James – Something’s gotta hold of me ~ Avicii – Levels  ~ Flo Rida – Good feeling
  6. Dev – Booty bounce ~ Far East Movement ft. Dev – Like a G6
  7. Chicago – Street Player ~ Nicola Fasano – 75 Brazil Street ~ Pitbull – I know you want me (calle ocho)
  8. Luiz Bonfa – Seville ~ Gotye ft. Kimbra – Somebody that I used to know
  9. ABBA – Gimme, Gimme, Gimme ~ Madonna – Hung up
  10. Boney M – Ma baker – Lady Gaga – Poker face
  11. Asha Bosle – Ae naujawan hai sub kuchh ~ Black Eyed Peas – Don’t phunk with my heart
  12. Patti Labelle – Love, need and want you ~ Nelly ft. Kelly Rowland – Dilemma
  13. Rick James – Super freak ~ MC Hammer – U can’t touch this
  14. Dead or Alive – You spin me round ~ Flo Rida ft. Kesha – Right round 
  15. The Andrew Oldham Orchestra – The last time ~ The Verve – Bitter sweet symphony
  16. Lee Oskar – San Francisco Bay ~ Pitbull ft. Kesha – Timber
  17. The Moments – Love on a two way street ~ Jay-Z ft. Alicia Keys – Empire state of mind
  18. Michael Jackson – Wanna be startin’ something ~ Rihanna – Don’t stop the music
  19. Queen & David Bowie – Under pressure ~ Vanilla Ice – Ice Ice Baby
  20. Ben E. King – Stand by me ~ Duffy – Mercy
  21. Newcleus – Auto man ~ Snap! – Rhythm is a dancer
  22. Chi-Lites – Are you my woman? ~ Beyonce ft. Jay-Z – Crazy in love
  23. Belini – Samba de Janeiro ~ Kat Deluna – Wanna see you dance
  24. The Police – Every breath you take ~ Puff Daddy ft. Faith Evans & 112 – I’ll be missing you
  25. The Foundations – Build me up buttercup – ABBA – Waterloo
  26. Sir Mix-a-lot – Baby got back ~ Nicki Minaj – Anaconda
  27. Ben E. King – Stand by me ~ Sean Kingston – Beautiful girls
  28. Balkan Beat Box – Hermetico ~ Jason Derulo ft. 2 Chainz – Talk dirty
  29. Cyndi Lauper – Girls just want to have fun ~ J. Brazil – Girl I’m tryin
  30. Renato Carosone – Tu vuo’ fa’ l’americano ~ Yoland Be Cool & DCUP – We speak no Americano
  31. Coldplay – Clocks ~ David Guetta ft. Kelly Rowland – When love takes over
  32. Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers – Mary Jane's last dance ~ Red Hot Chili Peppers – Dani California
  33. Soft Cell – Tainted love ~ Rihanna – SOS
  34. Dick Dales & his Del-Tones – Misirlou ~ Black Eyed Peas – Pump it
  35. The 4 Levels of Existence – Someday in Athens ~ Jay-Z ft. Kanye West & Rihanna – Run this town
  36. Rob Thomas – Lonely no more ~ Rixton – Me and my broken heart
  37. Sexual Harassment – I need a freak ~ Black Eyed Peas – My humps
  38. A-ha – Take on me ~ Pitbull ft. Christina Aguilera – Feel this moment
  39. Lata Mageshkar & SP. Balasubramaniam – Tere mere beech mein ~ Britney Spears – Toxic
  40. 4Minutes – Volume up ~ Sunrise Inc. – Mysterious girl
  41. Boney M – Gotta go home ~ Ducksauce – Barbra Streisand
  42. The Soul Brothers – Free soul ~ Lily Allen – Smile
  43. Brenda Russell – Piano in the dark ~ Bingo Players – Cry ~ Flo Rida – I cry
  44. Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes – (I’ve had) the time of my life ~ Black Eyed Peas – The Time (dirty bit)
  45. Nneka – Heartbeat (Chase & Status Remix) ~ Rita Ora ft. Tinie Tempah – R.I.P.
  46. Imogen Heap – Hide and seek ~ Jason Derulo – Whatcha say
  47. Sister Sledge – He’s the greatest dancer ~ Will Smith – Gettin’ jiggy wit it
  48. The Hollies – The air that I breathe ~ Radiohead – Creep
  49. Boney M – Hooray hooray it’s a holi-holiday ~ Alexandra Burke ft. Laza Morgan – Start without you
  50. Mickey and Sylvia – Love is strange ~ Pitbull – Back in time
  51. Golden Sounds – Zamina mina (zangalewa) ~ Shakira ft. FreshlyGround – Waka waka (This time for Africa)
  52. The Who – Baba O’ Reilly ~ One Direction – Best song ever
  53. Marvin Gaye – Got to give up ~ Robin Thicke ft. Pharrell Wiliams & T.I. – Blurred lines
  54. Nancy Sinatra – You only live twice ~ Robbie Williams – Millennium
  55. Stevie Nicks – Edge of Seventeen ~ Destiny’s Child – Bootylicious
  56. Irene Cara – Flashdance ~ Jason Derulo – Sky is the limit
  57. Haddaway – What is love ~ Eminem ft. Lil Wayne – No love
  58. Ha Tran – Ra ngo tung kinh ~ Coldplay ft. Rihanna – Princess of China
  59. Peter Gabriel – Glory of love ~ Karl Wolf – Ghetto love
  60. La Bouche – Sweet dreams ~ Inna – Be my lover
  61. Bobby Vinton – Mr. Lonely ~ Akon – Lonely
  62. Killing Joke – Eighties ~ Nirvana – Come as you are
  63. The Buggles – Video killed the radio star ~ Will.I.Am ft. Nicki Minaj – Check it out
  64. Gil Scott-Heron & Jamie xx – I’ll take care of you ~ Drake ft. Rihanna – Take care
  65. Major Lazer – Pon de floor ~ Beyonce – Run the world (girls)
  66. Alice Deejay – Better of alone ~ David Guetta ft. Akon & Neyo – Play hard
  67. Lionel Richie – All night long ~ Enrique ft. Pitbull – I like it
  68. Mary J. Blige – Family affair ~ Sarah Connor – Bounce
  69. Chuck Brown & The Soul Searchers – Bustin’ loose ~ Nelly – Hot in herre
  70. Steve Winwood – Valerie ~ Eric Prydz – Call on me
  71. Electric Light Orchestra – Evil Woman ~ Pussycat Dolls ft. Will.I.Am – Beep
  72. Heart – Alone ~ Alyssa Reid ft. P. Reign – Alone again
  73. Annie Lennox – No more I love you’s ~ Nicki Minaj – Your love
  74. Joe Satriani – If I could fly ~ Coldplay – Viva la vida
  75. Penguin Café Orchestra – Perpetuum mobile ~ Avicii – Fade into darkness
  76. Take That – Shine ~ Lily Allen – Who’d have known ~ T-Pain ft. Wiz Khalifa & Lily Allen – 5 o’ Clock
  77. Neil Innes – How to sweet to be an idiot ~ Oasis – Whatever
  78. Brenda Russell – A little bit of love ~ Ariana Grande ft. Mac Miller – The way
  79. Donna Summer – Love to love you baby ~ Beyonce – Naughty girl
  80. Maceo and the Macks – Soul power 74 ~ Jennifer Lopez – Get right
  81. The Cranberries – Zombie ~ Mohombi – In your head
  82. Warren Zevon – Werewolves of London – Kid Rock – All summer long
  83. Fergie ft. Will.I.Am – Fergalicious ~ Alexandra Stan – Lollipop (param pam pam)
  84. O-Zone – Dragostea din tei ~ T.I. ft. Rihanna – Live your life
  85. Manuel Schleis and Alex Butcher – 12 128 BPM Root E – Lady Gaga – Judas
  86. Eiffel 65 – Blue (da be dee) ~ Michael Mind Project – I’m feeling blue
  87. The Kinks – Picture book ~ Green Day – Warning
  88. UB40 – Kingston Town ~ Paris Hilton – Stars are blind
  89. Harry Belafonte – Day-O (The banana boat song) ~ Jason Derulo – Don’t wanna go home
  90. Gloria Gaynor – I will survive ~ Pussycat Dolls – Hush hush
  91. Blondie – Tide is high ~ Kardinall Offishal ft. Keri Hilson – Number 1
  92. Stacy Lattisaw – Attack of the name game ~ Mariah Carey ft. Jay-Z – Heartbreaker
  93. Edwin Birdsong – Cola bottle baby ~ Daft Punk – Harder better faster stronger
  94. Patrice Rushen – Forget me nots ~ Will Smith – Men in black
  95. Najat Aatabou – Just tell me the truth ~ Chemical Brothers ft. Q-Tip – Galvanize
  96. Madonna – Express yourself ~ Lady Gaga – Born this way
  97. Swedish House Mafia ft. John Martin – Don’t you worry child ~ Cascada – Glorious
  98. Toto – Africa ~ Jojo – Anything  
  99. Joe Satriani – Always with me, always with you ~ Nicki Minaj – Right thru me
  100. Cardigans – Lovefool ~ Justin Bieber – Love me
Till the next beat…

At Ease!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ultimate Quarantine Playlist

It has indeed been sometime since I took some time off to create a playlist. This time, I had a lot of time on my hands, considering I had 1...